Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Colorado ho!

We're moving, hopefully to Colorado. Although we may end up in San Francisco, which wouldn't be a bad thing, as I love that city. It's just super expensive, and I prefer to keep my money to myself.

The list of "things to do" is a bit overwhelming. Paint the house (inside and out), re-landscape the garden, fix up the basement (which was flooded when the hurricane came through), make sure everything is neat and tidy for prospective buyers. Get rid of 20 years of accumulated junk.  The mind boggles.

I ordered boxes already, and I am looking into getting a storage unit to store some clutter. The house has to be ready for sale by mid June, as we want to move at the end of September. This is a non-negotiable date: it's when my husbands work contract is up and he needs to move on to another job. I'm really just hoping that everything works out as regards timing for this move.

Fortunately my daughter is home now until September, so she has offered to help as much as possible. Today we meet the realtor again to get an estimate of what the house will sell for. It's like climbing a mountain, you have to just concentrate on the next step, or it will become overwhelming and you'll never get to the summit.

Wish me luck!

No comments: